Family, labor supply and mobility decisions are closely intertwined, thus a comprehensive research approach is needed to analyze them. Our mission is to develop such an agenda, promoting research activities at the crossroads of family, labor and migration economics.
The output of our research program launched in 2020/21 is published in international scientific (peer-reviewed) journals, in our IFLAME Working Paper Series, as well as in media articles/ or interviews, which are focussed on the contents of our research activity, accessible to a non-technical interested audience.
Peer Reviewed Papers
- Moriconi S., Peri, G. and R. Turati (forthcoming), “Skill of the Immigrants and Vote of the Natives: Immigration and Nationalism in European Elections 2007-2016”, European Economic Review.
- Baudin, T., D. De la Croix, and P. Gobbi. “Endogenous childlessness and stages of development.” Journal of the European Economic Association 18.1 (2020): 83-133.
- Moriconi, S., G. Peri, and D. Pozzoli, (2020). The Role of Institutions and Immigrant Networks in Firms’ Offshoring Decisions. Canadian Journal of Economics 53(4), December 2020, Pages 1745-1792.
- Lai, T., Y. Furukawa and K. Sato (2020) “Novelty-seeking Traits and Applied Research Activities,”, Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 27 (2020), 945-950.
- Magda, I., J. Gromadzki & S. Moriconi, (2021). “Firms and wage inequality in Central and Eastern Europe,” Journal of Comparative Economics, Volume 49, Issue 2, June 2021, Pages 499-552.
- Montalbo, A. (2021). Schools without a law: primary education in France from the Revolution to the Guizot Law, Explorations in Economic History, Volume 79 pages 101364.
- Kan, K. and Lai, T. (2021) “Educated to be trusting? Evidence from Europe,” Economics Letters, Vol. 203, 109867.
- Montalbo, A. (forthcoming). Primary education and economic growth in nineteenth-century France, Cliometrica.
- Bratti, M., C. Ghirelli, E. Havari and G. Santangelo (forthcoming) Vocational training for unemployed youth in Latvia, Journal of Population Economics.
- Lai, T. and Ng, T. (forthcoming) “Does Restricting Outsiders Always Lower Price and Benefit Insiders?” Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics.
- Baudin, T. and K. Sarkar (Forthcoming). “Education and childlessness in India.” Population.